The Open Access platform CrossAsia-eBooks offers researchers in Asian Studies a possibility to publish their research in time and free of charges.
We support the Open Access publishing model for distributing research results and publish therefore primary publications (“gold”) as well as secondary publications (“green”).
CrossAsia-eBooks is part of CrossAsia, the scientific information service for Asian studies funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG) and is administered by Heidelberg University Library.
CrossAsia-eBooks adheres to the following principles:
- Open Access online publication in different digital formats is the principal form of publication.
- In addition to the freely available digital formats CrossAsia-eBooks also offers a book publication (print on demand) that can be purchased from local or online booksellers.
- We publish monographs as well as series with a regional focus on Asia (South Asia, East Asia and Southeast Asia).
- Compliance with academic quality standards is an important condition and should be guaranteed e.g. for dissertations by reviewers or for series by the series editors.
- All titles published with CrossAsia-eBooks have their own ISBN or ISSN (for series) as well as a DOI number and are thus clearly referenced.